Why Call Edmonton Home?
Times are tough, all across Canada. But despite the flagging economy, Edmonton’s housing market continues to prove its resilience. In many cases, desirable homes in desirable neighbourhoods don’t tend to stay on the market long. Scott and Shirley, mid-30s parents of a one-year-old boy, just sold their home after one day on the market—for a good deal more than the original asking price. Now the young family is about to move into their new home, which they also got a great deal on.
Here are 5 reasons why it’s a great time to buy a home in Edmonton:
- Faster but same quality: Why? No boom cycle. With more time and less demand, builders are able to build your home below the estimated timeline. So you’ll hear the jingle of your new keys before you know it.
- Downtown development: The heart of Edmonton is getting a makeover. The Ice District [https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ice_District] will be one of Canada’s largest sports and entertainment district.
- Abundant greenery: The North Saskatchewan River valley boasts a parks system that is a total of 7,300 hectares–the largest green expanse in all of North America. The parks span both sides of the river and winds through the middle of the city.
- Those skies: Edmonton is one of the country’s sunniest cities, and our northern location man we get seriously lengthy summer days. Even in the winter, days are sunny and bright. Take a short drive out of the city on a clear winter night, and you’ll see millions of bright stars and, fingers crossed, a great view of the Northern lights, which dance above Edmonton quite often.
- Great hospitals and health care: According to a new grading report by the CBC’s ‘the fifth estate’, some of Canada’s 10 best hospitals are in Edmonton. Some of our world-leading health centres include cardiac care and research at the Manzankowski Alberta Health Institute and the stellar care at the Stollery Children’s Hospital.
With downtown developments, trendy restaurants, an active arts and music scene, a new art gallery, great farmer’s markets, all the shopping choices you could dream of, and some of the best universities and health care research facilities in the world, there’s never been a better time to build a new home in Edmonton.