What do I need to do to maintain my home in March?
As we enter the Spring Season in Edmonton it is important to make sure that your home is ready! Here is a quick list of the items in your home that need some extra love in the month of March:
- Clean Humidifier
- This is important as mineral deposits can build up and cause damage or clog the humidifier. To clean your humidifier a number of anti-scaling products can be used to simplify the cleaning process. You can purchase a sealer from any of the major home improvement stores.
- Check Carbon Monoxide and Smoke Detectors(Test and Change Batteries)
- It is important to ensure that these are working properly and they should be checked monthly.
- Clean Range Hood and Over the Range Microwave Filters
- Grease and fats build up in the filter as you cook and it is important to clean or change them monthly.
- Check Sump Pump(if installed)
- As we enter the melting season it is important to ensure that your sump pump is working correctly. Ensure the power cord is in good shape, the pipes are connected, and the pump turns on with the float is lifted.
For more information of maintaining your home check out this full guide from our friends over at the Alberta New Home Warranty Program.
Stay tuned for more monthly home maintenance tips!